Dannel Duddy was born in San Diego, California in 1980. Dannel was an intern for the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, completed a judicial externship for The Honorable Robert P. Doherty, 23rd Judicial Circuit of the Commonwealth of Virginia and was employed with another Richmond civil litigation firm before joining Harman Claytor in May 2011. Dannel focuses his practice on products liability, construction and commercial law.
804.622.1107 | email | vCard
SECRETARY | Kimberly Ott 804.622.1133
PARALEGAL | Lisa Beck 804.622.1102
OFFICE | Richmond
- North Carolina State University, B.A., 2003
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Editor, student articles, Journal of Civil Rights and Social Justice
Professional Honors & Activities
- Richmond Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Stars – Civil Litigation Defense – 2013 – 2016
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Represented a global manufacturer of medical sling lifts in a products liability action arising from the fall and subsequent death of a nursing home resident resulting in a favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Represented a bowl mill manufacturer in a wrongful death action arising out of the replacement of worn-out bearings, resulting in a settlement for nuisance value.
- Represented an overhead electrical line contractor in a severe electrocution case resulting in a favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Represented a battery manufacturer and distributor in a $1.1 million property damage claim resulting in a favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Represented a general contractor in a personal injury suit arising out of the alleged improper location of a curb near a grocery store exit with claimed damages of $3.5 million, resulting in a favorable settlement at mediation.
- Represented a major gas utility company in a personal injury action arising out of significant burns to a construction worker, allegedly due to the improper installation of gas distribution pipes, resulting in a favorable settlement at mediation.
- Represented the manufacturer of a fish stick slicing machine in a personal injury action arising out of the partial loss of use of a hand while cleaning the machine, resulting in summary judgment and dismissal.
- Represented a fire suppression system installer in a $300,000 construction dispute involving the alleged failure to place insulation over sprinkler system and resulting frozen and burst pipes and significant water damage to large retirement facility, resulting in a favorable settlement prior to summary judgment hearing on liquidated damages.
- Represented a major construction equipment retailer in the protest of a Virginia Department of Transportation award of a contract worth $25 million, resulting in the reversal of a prior award and a new award to the client.
- Represented a major construction equipment rental agency in a $2 million personal injury products liability suit arising out of significant leg crush injuries from a collapsed man-lift, resulting in a favorable settlement prior to trial.
The cases referenced above do not represent the lawyer’s entire record. Each case must be evaluated on its own facts. The outcome of a particular case cannot be based on past results.