Prior to joining Harman Claytor, Pete was a fellow in Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office in Rockville, Maryland. Pete practiced at a Rockville law firm for several years before arriving at Harman Claytor in January 2017. Pete will focus his practice on general civil litigation.
- Dickinson College, B.A., 2009
- William & Mary School of Law, J.D., 2012
- William & Mary Business Law Review, Articles Editor
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia State Bar, 2012
- Maryland State Bar, 2013
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Successfully authored brief and presented oral argument before the Maryland Court of Appeals, the state’s highest appellate court, involving jurisdictional matters in a matter of first impression for the State of Maryland.
- Successfully obtained verdict for client in a consumer protection claim.
- Obtained dismissal on motion to dismiss claims for violations of the FDCPA, CFPA, and a regulatory consent order.
- Successfully defended claims based on violations of the Truth in Lending Act.
- Successfully defended claim for violations of the FDCPA and the Maryland Consumer Debt Collection Act arising from issues related to credit reporting.