Megan Wagner is an experienced attorney who practices in civil litigation including trucking and transportation litigation, auto liability, premises and product liability, insurance defense, general civil litigation, labor and employment law, and workers’ compensation law.
Prior to coming to Harman Claytor, Megan’s background includes working as a civil litigator and workers’ compensation attorney in the Richmond area and as a high-volume litigator in Chicago. She also held positions as Judicial Extern to the Honorable Elizabeth Loredo-Rivera in the Cook County Circuit Court in Chicago and as a Federal Judicial Extern to the Honorable Jack Schmetterer in the United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois.
Megan’s interest and experience in trucking and transportation includes completing tank truck 101 training from a renowned Richmond-area trucking company, engaging with the Virginia Trucking Association leadership, and growing up as the daughter of small trucking company owner/operator in rural Indiana.
Megan now resides in the Richmond area with her family. They enjoy reading, swimming, running, and exploring Richmond together.
- Columbia College, B.A., cum laude, 2007
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Labor & Employment Law Certificate
- Dean’s List
- Merit Scholar
- Class Representative
Professional Activities & Honors
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- Richmond Bar Association
- Henrico County Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Workers’ Compensation Inn of Court
- Virginia Business Legal Elite – Young Lawyers – 2020
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia State Bar, 2018
- Illinois State Bar, 2011
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
Community Activities & Hobbies
- Richmond Area Women’s Book Club, Founding Member
- Sports Backers’ Running Club, Member
- “Workers’ Compensation Hot Topics & Recent Developments,” presentation to Richmond based insurer, Fall 2019
- “Workers’ Compensation Hot Topics & Recent Developments,” presentation to Charlotte, NC based insurer, Fall 2019
- “Investigation and Defense of Workers’ Compensation Claims,” presentation to Virginia Loggers Association Conference, Spring 2018
- “Workers’ Compensation Basics,” presentation to Virginia Movers and Warehousemen’s Association, Winter 2018
- “Workers’ Compensation 101,” presentation to Chicago-area physical therapists, Spring 2015
- “Anti-Discrimination Training,” presentation to Chicago-area hotel staff, Fall 2010