Clint is a trial lawyer in our trucking and transportation group. He represents a broad variety of clients from owner-operators and individuals to Fortune 500 Companies and self-insureds. Clint has successfully tried dozens of jury trials throughout Virginia in both State and Federal Court. In fact, he was selected by his peers five times to be included as a Rising Star for Super Lawyers.
Clint was born and raised in Roanoke, Virginia. After earning his undergraduate degree at James Madison University, he began his career in the trucking business as a fifth generation residential and commercial mover. Verity Van Lines of Seaford, New York was founded by Clint’s great grandfather in 1912 and still operates today. Clint discovered early on in his career that he had a strong desire and skill set for resolving disputes. He went on to attend law school and become an accomplished trial lawyer. Clint applies his knowledge and passion for the trucking industry to effectively and favorably defend a variety of corporations, carriers, and transportation companies.
Clint also regularly handles and obtains favorable results in contract disputes, premise liability actions, automobile accidents, and corporate disputes.
- James Madison University, B.S., 2000
- Appalachian School of Law, J.D. summa cum laude, 2007
- Law Review, Associate Editor: 2005-06, Senior Editor: 2006-07
- Above and Beyond the Call of Duty Award (Law Review), 2005-06
- Dean’s Award of Outstanding Scholarly Achievement, Civil Procedure I, Civil Procedure II
Professional Honors & Activities
- Richmond Bar Association
- Henrico County Bar Association
- The Rule of Law Project – 2012
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Vice-Chair of the Auto and Transportation Committee
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Personal Injury Defense: General – 2012 – 2017
Bar & Court Admissions
- Virginia State Bar
- West Virginia State Bar
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern and Southern District of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- The Journal of Civil Litigation – Defending Truck Drivers in Punitive Damage Claims: When Driving Training is Used Against You, Vol. XXX, No. 1, Spring 2018
- Nolan v. Grim, 2010 WL 4929658 (W.D. Va. Nov. 30, 2010)
- McDonald v. Betsinger, et al., 2016 WL 958737 (W.D. Va. March 8, 2016)